No Middle Name / Illegitimate

If illegitimate and acknowledged by the father

If the child is acknowledged by the father and middle name is blank, a supplemental report should be filed to enter the omitted middle name. The last name of the mother shall be the middle of the child.

Who Shall File

  • owner of the record
  • owners spouse
  • children
  • parents
  • brothers
  • sisters
  • grandparents
  • guardian
  • other person duly authorized by law or by the owner of the document sought to be corrected;
  • if owner of the record is a minor or physically or mentally incapacitated, petition may be filed by his spouse, or any of his children, parents, brothers; sisters; grandparents, guardians, or persons duly authorized by law.

Where to File

  • If born in the Philippines

    • Supplemental report shall be filed with the local civil registry office of the city or municipality where the birth is registered.
  • If born abroad

    • Supplemental report shall be filed with the Philippine Consulate where the birth was reported.
    • IIf the person born abroad is already in the Philippines, supporting documents for supplemental report shall be coursed through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Office of Consular Affairs.

Supporting Documents

To supply the missing entry an affidavit indicating the entry missed in the registration and the reasons why there was a failure in supplying the required entry. Other Supporting documents should be provided to show the first name of the child.