First Name / Born on 1993 Onwards

Child is born in 1993 onwards

In 1993 onwards the Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Baby, Boy and Girl are already considered as a first name and can be corrected by filing a petition for change of first name under R.A. 9048. (Memorandum Circular dated September 12, 2008 re Revisions n Paragraph 2, Case No. 1 of Memorandum Circular No. 2007-2008)

Who Shall File

  • owner of the record
  • owners spouse
  • children
  • parents
  • brothers
  • sisters
  • grandparents
  • guardian;
  • other person duly authorized by law or by the owner of the document sought to be corrected;
  • if owner of the record is a minor or physically or mentally incapacitated, petition may be filed by his spouse, or any of his children, parents, brothers; sisters; grandparents, guardians, or persons duly authorized by law.

Where to File

  • If born in the Philippines

    • The petition shall be filed with the local civil registry office of the city or municipality where the birth is registered.
    • When the petitioner had already migrated to another place within the Philippines and it would not be practical for such party to appear in person with the civil registrar of the place of birth, the petition may be filed with the civil registry office where he/she is currently residing
  • If born abroad

    • If born abroad, with the Philippine Consulate where the birth was reported.

Supporting Documents

  1. Certified machine copy of the birth record containing the entry to be corrected;
  2. Not less than two (2) private or public documents upon which the correction shall be based like baptismal certificate, voters affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, business record, drivers license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook;
  3. Notice/Certificate of Posting;
  4. Payment of three thousand Pesos (P3,000.00) as filing fee. For petitions filed abroad a fee of $150.00 or equivalent value in local currency shall be collected;
  5. Other documents which may be required by the concerned civil registrar;
  6. NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants and other clearances as may be required by the concerned civil registry office;
  7. Proof of publication