The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Caraga held its Mid-year Assessment Review on 10-12 July 2019 at Grand Palace Hotel and Convention Center, Butuan City. Around 73 PSA personnel from regional and provincial offices attended the activity.
In her welcome message, Regional Director Rosalinda Apura emphasized the objectives of the activity. “We have two objectives, that is, to assess our accomplishments for the first semester of 2019, and to look forward, formulate catch up plans and incorporate future undertakings for the second semester of 2019”, RD Apura said.
She highlighted the awards received by PSA Caraga during the 2018 Field Awards held after the Innovation Summit on 21 June 2019.
RD Apura congratulated the provinces that made it to the top 15. She then enumerated the awards received by the provinces as well as the Regional Statistical Services Office (RSSO):
• Province of Dinagat Islands as the Most Improved Province (the province with a giant leap from ranked 79th in 2017 to 22nd in 2018);
• Agusan del Sur as the top 15th province;
• Surigao del Norte as the top 13th province;
• RSSO Caraga garnered the 2nd place for Partnership and Linkages;
• RSSO ranked fifth place for the Civil Registration; and
• PSA Caraga was awarded as the 4th place for the overall rank.
RD Apura shared that as a team, PSA Caraga could not be successful without the help of each one. To elaborate on what does teamwork means, the participants watched a video entitled “Teamwork makes the dream work”.
Among the activities are the workshops and presentations as follows:
• 2019-2023 Strategic Plan;
• Best practices and innovations by divisions and provincial offices;
• Office/Individual Performance and Commitment Rating (OPCR/IPCR) Success Indicators and Rating Scales;
• Targets/Plan against Accomplishments with Challenges and Issues (MYA Form 1);
• Workload Analysis based on Planning Workshop Form 4 (MYA Form 2);
• Budget Utilization Issues and Concerns/Suggestions (MYA Form 3);
• Next Steps/Catch Up Plan (MYA Form 4);
• Review of Risk Registry and Action Plan;
• Updated 2019 Annual Procurement Plan and Project Procurement and Management Plan (APP/PPMP);
• Updates on PhilSys; and
• Public Service Ethics and Accountability.
On the third day, PSA Agusan del Sur hosted teambuilding activities at 5:30 in the morning. Everyone enjoyed the Zumba dance exercises introduced by the provincial lead. The participants were grouped into four for the different games and teambuilding activities.
Overall, the three-day 2019 Mid-year Assessment Review was successfully conducted in the region. The participants agreed to submit the final accomplished forms and reports on or before 19 July 2019 for documentation.